Probably my favorite present I got for Christmas this year (besides my Kate Spade bag/wallet of course) was my kitchen ninja “master prep” food processor. I am obsessed. Thank you Mom and Dad.
I never knew how much I was missing out until I got it…and now I have no idea how I survived cooking for the three years prior to having it.
Lately I have been trying to do more homemade food, as opposed to buying. I have been making Onyx homemade dog treats (which is actually saving me so much money), and I have also started experimenting with making my own salad dressings.
Here is a bomb ‘Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette’ dressing that I am loving at the moment.
-1 medium Red Tomato
-1 clove chopped Garlic
-1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
-1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
-2 Tablespoons Water
-1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-1 Teaspoon Minced Shallot
- Chop tomato in food processor
- Add garlic, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt & pepper
- Pulse a few times until smooth
- Add chopped shallot and mix well
- Set aside for a few hours to allow flavors to blend well
- ***I keep mine in the fridge so it will hopefully last longer!
Pour over veggies or salad of your choice and enjoy!